Barefoot Dressage Physio Saddle Pad System
The Physio Pad system offers additional clearance and lift over the spinous processes of the thoracic vertebrae and consists of 2 components which absorb pressure, and connect securely with Velcro.
- This pad is anatomically cut, made of quilted cotton and is thinner under the upper thigh for a close leg contact. Pressure absorbing foam inserts (included with pad) can be removed through an easy Velcro opening. The front 2/3rds of the underside is made with sympanova that will grip and stabilize the saddle even on very round horses. The rear 1/3 is sheepskin to protect this sensitive area. The sheepskin glides over the horses coat eliminating potential rubbing under the cantle.
- The top layer is made of a quilted cotton fabric with a felt underside, poly fleece inside and a foam layer on top to help keep the saddle in place and supply additional pressure absorption. Velcro straps along the topline attach to your saddles d-rings.
Available in black only. Designed to fit both size 1 and 2 Barefoot Dressage Treeless Saddles. Click Here for more information on shimming your saddle through the pad!
- Two pairs of inserts are included with this saddle pad.
- Machine washable at 86º
- Anatomically cut
- Supplies spinal clearance even for horses with atrophied spines
- Well cushioned, suitable also for heavier riders
When should I use additional padding in the saddle pad? On some horses the Barefoot saddle can be used with a pad without additional pads inside. The saddle can always adjust itself ideally to the horse's stage of training etc.
It is important that the saddle lays level on the horse when viewed from the side, meaning that front and rear gullet should be at the same height. Also when standing right behind the horse though the saddle should be in balance.
Therefore, it can sometimes be necessary to insert an additional piece of rubber or dense foam in parts of the pad: i.e. in case the horse is higher at the croup, you simply use a second layer of padding, whereas a horse with broad shoulders needs a lift-up in the rear.
In case of questions - don't hesitate to contact us: saddle specialists enjoy helping you - always with the well-being of your horse in mind . In order to evaluate your horse's saddle area, simply send us a picture of it viewed directly from the side and standing all four limbs equally with his head in normal position.
We Also Recommend
Barefoot Western Physio Saddle Pad System Demo Pad