Barefoot Nevada/Madrid Physio Saddle Pads
The Barefoot Nevada/Madrid Physio Saddle Pads are designed to fit the Barefoot Nevada Treeless Saddles, and the Barefoot Madrid Treeless Saddles and will work equally well under other treed and treeless saddle models. It makes a great dressage saddle pad for any saddle. The Physio Saddle Pads are contoured to accommodate the horse's withers and have a split over the wither area to avoid rubbing and compression. They are anatomically formed and come with two sets of removable inserts.
Barefoot Physio Saddle Pad System has been developed for the demands of long rides, heavier riders, round horses on which every saddle tends to slip, and/or horses with protruding spinous processes. All Physio pads are shaped to accommodate the horse's spine and offer ideal pressure absorption and distribution.
The Physio Pad system offers additional clearance and lift over the spinous processes of the thoracic vertebrae and consists of 2 components which absorb pressure, and connect securely with Velcro.
- This pad is anatomically cut, made of quilted cotton and is thinner under the upper thigh for a close leg contact. Pressure absorbing foam inserts (included with pad) can be removed through an easy Velcro opening. The front 2/3rds of the underside is made with sympanova that will grip and stabilize the saddle even on very round horses. The rear 1/3 is sheepskin to protect this sensitive area. The sheepskin glides over the horses coat eliminating potential rubbing under the cantle.
- The top layer is made of a quilted cotton fabric with a felt underside, poly fleece inside and a foam layer on top to help keep the saddle in place and supply additional pressure absorption. Velcro straps along the top line attach to your saddles d-rings.
- Machine washable at 86 degrees, gentle cycle (recommend using Kookaburra Woolwash)Take out inserts before washing.
- Anatomically shaped saddle pad
- Non- Slip sympanova underlay
- Improved weight distribution
- Moisture absorbing
- Ideal shock absorption
- Includes two sets of inserts
- Two pairs of inserts are included with this saddle pad.
- Machine washable cold, gentle cycle, take out inserts before washing
- Anatomically cut
- Supplies spinal clearance even for horses with atrophied spines
- Well cushioned, suitable also for heavier riders
When should I use additional padding in the saddle pad? On a large majority of horses the Barefoot saddle can be used with a pad without additional pads inside. The saddle can always adjust itself ideally to the horse's stage of training etc. This Physio Saddle Pad gives you the option of using one or two sets of inserts, and customizing it to your horse's conformation.
It is important that the saddle lays level on the horse when viewed from the side, meaning that front and rear gullet should be at the same height. Also when standing right behind the horse though the saddle should be in balance.
Therefore, it can sometimes be necessary to insert an additional piece of foam in parts of the pad: i.e. in case the horse is higher at the croup, you simply use a second layer of padding, whereas a horse with broad shoulders needs a lift-up in the rear.
Click here for more information about getting the saddle level on different horses' conformations.
In case of questions - don't hesitate to contact us: saddle specialists enjoy helping you - always with the well-being of your horse in mind . In order to evaluate your horse's saddle area, simply send us a picture of it viewed directly from the side and standing all four limbs equally with his head in normal position.
We Also Recommend
Barefoot Western Physio Saddle Pad System Demo Pad