Barefoot Lexington Dressage Treeless Saddle Short Flap
The Barefoot Lexington Treeless Dressage Saddles - Short Flap models cater to the needs of smaller sized riders, who felt that the regular size Lexington's flap was too big. These Short Flap Lexingtons are exactly like the original Lexington model, just with a modified flap. An exclusive and innovative saddle in a classical Dressage design manufactured with soft nubuck leather.
Lexington Size 1 Short: Smaller, narrower saddle flap, recommended for riders up to size S/M and equivalent to an English saddle seat size of 16 - 16.5".
Lexington Size 2 Short: Smaller, narrower saddle flap, recommended for riders from size L and is equivalent to an English saddle seat size of 17 - 18"
The Barefoot Lexington Treeless Dressage Saddle lets the rider feel every movement of the horse's back and his muscles - thus creating a sound foundation for subtle riding. Compared to standard Dressage saddles, the Barefoot Lexington is placed further to the front, positioning the rider directly above the horse's center of gravity. This enables the horse to more easily balance the rider's weight.
- Flexible V-Rigging - ideal for difficult girthing area
- Weighs approx. 13lbs alone
- Barefoot Air PumpSystem.
- Adjustable knee-rolls.
- Soft nubuck leather in black.
- 6 D-rings for hacking and travel needs
- Medium pommel insert - standard
- Barefoot® VPS System provides channel for spinal clearance
- Close contact; free and comfortable seating at the horse's center of gravity
- 1.5" English Stirrup attachment piece (included) can be positioned as needed
- Weighs approx. 13lbs alone
Thanks to the design of the flap with formed knee-rolls, the rider's leg is securely positioned in a dressage seat. Underneath this support, additional knee rolls - which are included in two different sizes - can be placed as desired thank to Velcro fastening. Furthermore, as you ride and break in the saddle, the knee roll will conform to the rider's leg.
The Lexington is also available in a model with a longer flap for riders with lomger legs.
See the Sizing Tab for more information. Click here for more information on the Barefoot Saddle systems.
All Barefoot brand treeless saddles come with a saddle system called Vertebrae Protection System (VPS), which is a patented panel system designed to protect the spine of the horse.
The Barefoot Treeless saddles come with a medium size fiberglass insert. You can purchase additional narrow, wide, extra wide, or soft pommel inserts as needed for your horse's conformation. Click here for more information on the Barefoot Pommel Inserts, and a printable version of the pommel sizing template.
All Barefoot Treeless saddles are manufactured in Germany, and restocked monthly.
Please Note - The chart below provides measurements according to European sizing. The U.S. equivalent is provided below:
- Western seat size 14-14.5 | English seat size 16-16.5
- Ladies pant size < 8 | Mens pant size ~34-36
- Western seat size 15-16 | English seat size 17-18
- Ladies pant size > 8 | Mens pant size ~38-42